Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

recover rootvg

Status
Not open for further replies.

baderoor

Programmer
May 9, 2000
ZA
i did a cloning of rootvg but in the process the filesystem got corrupted so i couldnt boot from the original rootvg.i went into maintenance mode to recover rootvg,but the problem is when trying to do a bosboot it says that there is not enough space on / ,yes i know that / is running off ram but how can i access /dev/hd4 which is where my real / is ? do i change the PATH manually ? if so how do i do it ? or is there another method of recovering this.

i resolved the problem thanks my filesystem was corrupted i had to edit the /etc/filesystem by adding /,/home,/var,/usr,/tmp to be able to mount hte existing fs on the hdisk.

I have a similar problem but I dont know how to enter Manteinance mode, can you help?

firstly check what oslevel you running then tak that level of cd's eg aix 431 put first cd in then you will have to change your boot sequence to cd0 'bootlist -m normal cd0

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back