Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Recover lost files from an formated hard drive

Status
Not open for further replies.

comp110

MIS
Apr 19, 2004
US
at work one of my co-workers was imaging our chief of staff computer using Ghost. Instead of imaging our bosses hard drive to the new hard drive he accidentally did the opposite and lost all the guy's data including e-mail archives. I've gotten my hand on file recovery software which recovered all the files except the e-mail archives(lotus notes). There's one huge problem, we can not read the file that were recovered, doc files, text files, jpeg nothing at all. I was wondering has anyone gone through similar situation and actually recovered the file and they actually work again? does anyone know of a way I could read these files, any softwares that can help?

can not read the file"

Is this because a Permission problem, or more likely that any recovered file is "garbage" and unable to be read?

Is there any backup for this overwritten drive?

Data recovery.
PC Inspector
Plenty of other recovery software listed here.

Try here too.

-General Data Recovery discussion Forum (4103 members)
Forum528

all the recovered files we have are pretty much garbage and we can't read them at all

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back