Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Recover information from FILEXXX.CHK

Status
Not open for further replies.

imix

Programmer
Dec 4, 2002
US
Well here we go,

I had tried to install Solaris 8 to intel into my PC, I had already dual boot (windows 2k and Linux Mandrake) evrething works well until last saturday, the most biggest error with my PC was that I had not information backup, (I though that if I was able to do with Linux, solaris should be the same thing, but it was not.

first I tried to fix MBR with "fixmbr" or "fixboot" (remember win 2k) but I could not.

Solaris modified my partition table, well, as we could was able to recover my partition table with fdisk, (I was thinking that evrething should be ok after that) .

The I used an extra hard disk with win2k as master and my damage hard disk partition table like a slave, when start win2k it could see some errors with links (I had though that was like win did not close well), after win finished the modification I could see my information converted into a lot FILEXXX.CHK files within found.xxx directory but nothing else.

The thing is only I want to recover my DOC files, I was investigating about this and I could found many tools but something else have any tip ????

Regards,

imix

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back