Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Recover files

Status
Not open for further replies.

md1750

MIS
Apr 18, 2001
US
I am trying to recover files from backup but when I get into recover gui, I do not see any index.How do I recover or better yet, I do go about recovering these files from backup tape.Thanks

would you mind using the recover command from the commandline? I prefer it, because it gives me better control - and in most cases is faster than the GUI.

ok. seems like your last backup was only incremental and did not save anything - or at least not that what you want to recover.

try to change the browse time to the time of the last full backup - then you should see the index.

With the commandline you would do:

cd to the directory you want files recovered
recover -s server
then you get the recover> prompt there you could:
ls / dir /ll - to show the files available
versions - will show you all saved instances of the directory
changetime - will take you back into time
add - will add files for recovery, wildcards allowed
list - will show you all files selected for recovery
volumes - will show you the tapes needed for recovery
recover - will start the recover process

Have fun

Johanes

You can only browse indexes that within the clients browse period.

E.g.

If the client is defined as having a one month browse period and 1 year retention. After a month you will have either to do a saveset recovery or scan the index in, or recover the index after the backup and merge them with the current index.

If you know the name of the file I recommend a saveset recover.

Regards

Paul

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back