Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Recover File Off Mini-CD

Status
Not open for further replies.

micbur63

Programmer
Aug 29, 2008
US
Have a Mini-CD created by a Sony Digital Camera which is reporting an error when I attempt to read. I had a trial version of some software which can find the data but you have to purchase in order to recover. I just hate spending $50 for a one time use if I can find freeware that can perform the same function.

Looking for software suggestions (Freeware) that can read and recover the data off the mini-CD

Things I would try:

Copy the disc, see if you can read the copy;
Browse the CD with Knoppix Live Linux CD (requires two CD drives) to see if files are legible in Linux...

Most decent data recovery software is not free, as you have found out, but you can browse for titles. I used Davory to recover small pictures off a corrupted Memory Stick and it worked great, but has a small limit to what you can recover for free.

Tony

Users helping Users...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back