Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Recover deleted user's e-mail in Active Directory

Status
Not open for further replies.

aarick161

Programmer
Apr 22, 2003
US
A few days ago, after an employee was terminated, I received a request to terminate the user's rights to the network. Instead of disabling the user as I normally do, I deleted the user (in Active Directory) instead. A few days later I received an e-mail stating that one of the managers needs access to the terminated employee's old e-mail. Is there a way for me to recover it? I can see a record of it in the Exchange System Manager which leads me to believe that I can recover it. Any ideas?

Recreate the user object but don't create a mailbox. Then go to System Manager>Server>Storage Group>Private Info store of the users mailbox>Mailboxes. You should then see the users mailbox with a red cross on it. Right click and select Reconnect.

This is dependant on how long the retention time for deleted mailboxes are set until they are purged. I believe the default setting is 30 days

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back