Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

recover delete user mailbox

Status
Not open for further replies.

homerunkevin

IS-IT--Management
Jun 7, 2002
US
have suddenly deleted user on the active directory in Exchange 2000 Server. When i went into the mailbox management, the mailbox was gone. I have Backup Exec 8.6 which did a full back on the managment logs. Is there a way I can restore all this particular user mail box. Thank you much and appreciated your advice.

I have try to reconnect and run agent on the mailbox setting, however, the mailbox is not there anymore. Please help.

Best regards
Kevin Z
Techncial Support specailist

If you have Veritas with the exchange option then YES you can restore and indevidual mailbox but if not then youve got to do a complete restore .

Take a new back up

restore the old back up export/move the mail box
then restore the newest backup.

Are you saying that you deleted the user in AD, accidentally, and when you go to Exchange System Manager, the mailbox is not there still?

If nobody purged the mailbox from System Manager, and it's gone, then you have a bigger problem to solve. The mailbox should remain in System Manager until it is manually purged.

I'm Certifiable, not certified.
It just means my answers are from experience, not a book.

Even if the user account was deleted, you may be able to recover the mailbox if deleted mailbox retention was set. A new user account could always be created and then used to reconnect this mailbox.

Follow Method 1 in this article

813337 HOW TO: Recover or Restore a Single Mailbox in Exchange 2000 Server

Hope this helps

--
Melissa Travers, MCSE
Microsoft Exchange Support

Please do not send email directly to this alias. This alias is for newsgroup purposes only.

This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.

Hey,

I resently deleted a user from AD and it asked me if I wish to delete the user's mailbox... which I did. But now I need it back again.

I have gone into the exchange system manager and it is there. When I try to reconnect the mailbox, it gives me an error because it can no longer find the user that it is trying to reconnect to.

I need to open up the mailbox to retreive the contacts. I have tried using powercontrols, which will let me go straight into the mailbox, but this can not open it either.

I am using exchange 2000, on a 2000 domain.

HEEELLLLPPPPP!!!!

Thanks in advance

Mswilson

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back