Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Recover data from old ultra ata drive on new SATA system

Status
Not open for further replies.

stormcsut

Technical User
Feb 22, 2008
US
Hello there. I've recently pulled two ultra ata drives out of an old system and I wanted to temporarily install them as slaves in my new system to see what data I have on them. However, upon opening my case I realized the different connector types of the hard drives and I have no available ribbons. Do I have any other options besides finding a different system? Can I unplug my burner drive and use that ribbon?

IF the Burner is of the same type as the hard drive then yes you can use the burner's ribbon cable to plug it in.

You can also go out a buy a cheap USB enclosure about 20 dollars worth, and plug the drive in that and turn it into an external USB drive.

----------------------------------
Ignorance is not necessarily Bliss, case in point:
Unknown has caused an Unknown Error on Unknown and must be shutdown to prevent damage to Unknown.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back