Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Recover code after sudden system crash 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

vietnam97

Programmer
Sep 18, 2000
I had ton of new code changes, and ran my code in the Visual Basic 6's design environment. The program went to an infinite loop forcing me to shutdown VB environment prematurely before I had a chance to save it. Is there a way to recover my lost code?

Thanks,
Bao

I don't know if you can recover the code.

However you can somewhat prevent that from happening. Go to the 'tools|options' menu and on the 'environment' tab select 'Save Changes' in the 'When a program Start's' frame. This will automatically save any code changes when the program is run. Thus if it crashes the changes will be saved.

This however does not include any changes that you may make while in break mode.

zemp

Nice one Zemp, that will do me nicely. I have tried to get into the habbit of saving before running. Cost me many times losing hours of previous work, especially if a Modal form is all over the screen and you know the codes halted with its window at the back!!. Have a star. Very sorry for my friend, been down his road too many times.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back