Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Recover admin password on Storageworks switch

Status
Not open for further replies.

agamenon

IS-IT--Management
Nov 13, 2003
US
I just got this job where they have several HP Storageworks SAN switches 2/8-el. Nobody here knows the admin password or any other way to log-on to the switch. I've been looking all over the Internet for a way to reset that password without turning the switch off since it's in production and they would kill me. Thanks for any help you can provide.

The /EL range of Compaq/HP switches are standard Brocade switch with a 4 switches per fabric limitation built into the software (By Brocade). A licence is available to remove this restriction (at a cost!!)
There is a default username/password combination for Brocade switches, but if that doesnt work, just turning the switch off will not reset the switch.

Its a return to Brocade job otherwise!

G

Send me a email at following address: antonio.bongiorno@asb-online.co.uk, i can you give a factory password to reset you switch. Best. Antonio

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back