Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

recordset not updatable

Status
Not open for further replies.

blue77

Technical User
Nov 1, 2001
GB
Hi there

I have a form bound to a query. When it loads (the form) I assign the the name of the query to the Record Source property of the form.
If I try edit the results of the query,
I then get the error 'recordset not updateable'
The recordset is a dynaset. The query is nothing complicated. I have read through the help file and can't seem to come up with anything.
I obviously have something messed up but I have no idea where to look at this point,
Is it possible that one of the tables I used in the query is read only? If so, how do I find that out? I cannot find any property for that.

Some help would really be appreciated

Many thanks
Nick

Nick,

You haven't provided enough info for a definitive answer, so here are some possibilities.

1) The query is more complex than you think;

2) You have aggregate functions in the query;

3) Join tyoes preclude an updateable recordset;

4) The query is based (in entirety or in part) on another query which is not updateable.

Cheers, Bill

Thanks Bill

The relationships I had established between my tables were "indeterminate". This was a result of setting up the correct primary keys, etc.

I have made the adjustment and all is well.

Cheers
Nick

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back