Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Records scrolling in 6.7

Status
Not open for further replies.

evlwhtguy

Instructor
Apr 7, 2011
US
One of my sales people is having a problem with his laptop scrolling records in GM when he doesnt want it to. He will click in a field to enter some information. When he comes out and moves the cursor to another field the records will scroll just as if he was pushing the up/down button un the upper left hand side of the screen. I suggested it might be a touch pad problem and suggested he reduce the touch pad sensitivity but this is all i could think of. He tells me that he doesnt see this in any other program...but then again very few programs are set up with scrolling functions like GM. He is using a mouse when he is workin...not the touch pad. This is a dell laptop. Any Ideas????

I suspect it is his system. Have him work on GoldMine from another computer totally to see if I'm right. If I'm wrong, tell us his GoldMine full version #, OS, etc.

DJ Hunt
Phone: (978)2-3333
- The Hacker's Guide to GoldMine Premium
- One-on-One GoldMine Technical Support ( Fee Based )

He is on a laptop so there is no other desk top to try. He did try a diffrent mouse but no luck, it was the same. He is on GM 6.70.70226 Feb 2007. the OS is Windows XP professional.

Problem fixed....We turned off the touch pad...this solved the problem. The person who uses this laptop uses a mouse anyway so this is a good solution. I suspect the touchpad has been damaged...the plastic surface dented and kinked. something like that, causing it to think a finger is on it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back