Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Records Not Found While On Different Computer, Why?

Status
Not open for further replies.

MEM69

Technical User
Mar 5, 2001
US
Is it possible for this to happen?

From going from a PC to a networked computer, and vice versa in order to finish a project I have problems.

When on my PC establishe files can be found and accessed. I at home am using Access 97. Sometimes in order to work on this project I use a networked computer, and can't access certain files, records, forms, etc., why?

Shouldn't I be able to work with the Access Files wherever I am? Can this really happen. I have tried the help and find functions with no resolution to the problem.

Also, files copied corectly are seen on the networked computer, and can be accessed while fhe same file(s) in a created folder appear to be a transposed copy. Thus, a shortcut was created and seen on the PC at home.

If I could access all of my info in one place, and on one computer, I would be all set. What's the probem? How if at all can I fix it? Find doesn't seem to work here!HELP!

Not sure quite what you mean but it may be that the Access you use with the networked PC is Access 2000 (Access 97 not always compatible depending on what 8 bit or 16 bit calls are made). Also your files at home may include some links to files and folders that are on your home PC and not there on the networked PC.This usually happens when Access opens a database other than the one it is running from or tries to import text or csv files from your hard drive that are not available on the networked PC hard drive. Also does the networked PC have a hard drive? If it is on a Winframe Client / Server network using Citrix for example what you think is a PC may, in fact, not be one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back