Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Records listed horizontally instead of columnar on report

Status
Not open for further replies.

liltechy

Programmer
May 17, 2002
US
I have some records that I want to show up on my report horizontally instead of columnar, example: (Financial:7; HR:19; Techs: 23, is there a way to do this?

liltechy

You're referencing to your Detail, right?

If that's the case, you can select for the Page Format to have multiple columns.

- Open report in design

- Select File, Page Setup

- Select the Column tab

And there ya go! You can select the number of columns, the width, etc.

Take note, though, this doesn't work with your Page Header/Footer or your Report Header/Footer - this only works for the Detail. Haven't tried it yet to see if it works for Group Headers/Footers or not. I'm going to venture to say it doesn't.

Roy
aka BanditWk
Las Vegas, NV
roy@cccamerica.org
RLMBandit@aol.com (private)

No, that's not it. I need it to show on one line. If I have 4 (or more)records, I only want one line to show all records with each record separated by a semi-colon.

Here is a sample of my data

Team Total
Techs 7
Financial 10
HR 23
Audio 2

Below is how I need to it to show on my report:

Techs: 7; Financial: 10; HR: 23; Audio:2

liltechy, it can be done.
Here's what I did:
No report header, no page header.
Detail line:
first textbox Control Source =Trim$([test.Team]) & " : "
second textbox COntrol Source Total
(second textbox right next to first one, on the same line)
File - Page setup: Columns 4 / Column Layout: Across, then Down
Reduce the width of the detail so that 4 times the width of your detail-line does not surpass the total width of your page.

This gave me your 4 records, one next to the other, on the same line

I hope this was of any help to you.

Yetie

Do you always have the same set of fields that might be displayed?? You could use one combined unbound text box to make them all appear in the order you want....

Create an unbound textbox, set the cangrow property to yes (to accomodate for lots of fields, may not be necessary), and place the following as the record source...

="Techs: " & [techfield] & "; Financial: " & [financialfield] & "; HR: " & [HRfield] & "; Audio: " & [audiofield]

I use this a lot on reports to include dates and currency amounts into a paragraph or the like....

"As far as the laws of mathematics refer to reality, they are not certain; as far as they are certain, they do not refer to reality."--Albert Einstein [spin]

Robert L. Johnson III, A+, Network+, MCP
Access Developer/Programmer

Thanks Yetie, that was exactly what I needed.

liltechy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back