Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Recording phone calls 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Montero84

Technical User
Jul 17, 2008
US
Hello!

We have a S8400, I am wondering, does this system has a funtionality that could permit users to record calls if they need. We currently have some users that use a portable recorder but we are wondering if we can just set an option in the phone to record any call.

Please advise!

Thanks in advance!

If there is I have never heard of it. They only way I know to to voice recording. Would be to use a 3rd party application, like Nice, Witness, or E-Talk. At least those are the 3 big's. If you look hard enough, I am sure you will find smaller vendors.

if you have voice mail. add an audix-rec button to the users
phone. This will record the conversation into the users mb.

Wow... that is magnificent!!!!... thank you so much!!!! it works just perfect!!

I thought they where talking about all calls. Not selected calls.

piggybacking on this subject, is there a way to get the messages from the usermailbox, and store them elsewhere?
Preferably in a wav format? anyone know where does audix store recorded messages? It would be nice to automate collecting and storing messages elsewhere on a fileserver.

Depending on the voicemail platform you have, you could use Message Manager. You can also use POP3 protocol to poll some vm servers but you don't get wav files. You have to have the proprietary .avp player by Avaya.

But you really should start a new Thread elsewhere instead of piggybacking on this one.....

I have no connection with this vendor.
I have recently had a couple of IP systems where the customer has specified a call recorder system made by a company called RedBox.
It works by port mirroring and sniffing for voice packets.
I was really impressed with it, no Avaya configuration or licences required, and it worked really well and was not expensive.
I hope this post dosn't break forum protocol.

Speak softly and carry a big switch

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back