Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Recording Greeting through Phone

Status
Not open for further replies.

klmack

Technical User
Nov 18, 2002
US
Hi,

I've been recording our greetings for the Auto Attendant through a computer microphone as a wave file then uploading them in Messenging. The audio sounds good thru the computer speakers but when it is played thru the Merlin there's noise and distortion. The factory recorded Merlin greetings sound fine of course. How do you all record your greetings? Is it better to go thru the console phone? And how do I do this? I can't find the procedure for doing this in our users manuals (we're on Release 2.5).

Thanks much,

Kerry in California

It's real easy to record the greeting from any phone. Log in as system admin in voice mail (use 0# for extension and the default password is 123456#). Press 9 for admin (not given as a prompt, you have to know to do this). Press 3 for auto attendant. Enter the attendant number (probably 1). Select day or night (1 or 2 respectively). Select 6 to modify. Press *# to bypass the first section (selector codes and zero out options). Press 1 to record a new prompt. At the tone, record your greeting. when finished, press 1. Now you can press 23 to hear your recording, 21 to rerecord it or # to approve it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back