Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Recording Callmaster IV

Status
Not open for further replies.

PBXJay

Technical User
Jan 4, 2002
US
Does anybody know of an affordable system that takes advantage of the Callmaster IV's recording interface? We are using individual P3 8 hr extended play Telephone recorders for the 6400 series.
Bottom line is I need to enable 3 stations with recording devices that the users can activate at will. I am limited by budget constraints not to get a system wide product. I could use a handset kit and run it off that way but I would rather not have to purchase too much extra equipment. I need an answer by end of today. If anyone has a good product, please let me know. Thanks
-Jay

I found in the documentation of the Callmaster IV that the recording signal is carried on the orange-white pair. I tried splitting that off at the wall jack and placed the recording device on the desk but that isn't working. Can you only split it off at the 110 block? I have enabled the recording option in the phone's programing.
-jay

Nat, if your looking for a cheap option I would buy a retel tape recorder from a company like rocom with a particular type of lead. then just unplug the p10 charger from the call master. press the select button followed by mute then press the 7 key and then 3. you will be given a menu on the callmaster turn the recording on and press the # to save.

It would take me a while to go through it all with you but let me know if you want to follow this route

if you need more information let me know....

jason

I actually got it up and working last night but wasn't able to post since I was running late. I had already turned on the RIM (recorder interface module) on the Callmaster prior to the original post but thanks for the suggestion. I found that the orange-white pair has to be split off at the 110 block. Since I wanted the recording device at the users desk, I put a small jumper using the 2 strand wire from orang-white/orange to green-white/green pairs. In the documentation it said in a 4 wire config the green pair is not utilized. That done, I split off the green pair at the wall jack into its own jack into the pin 4/5 (wb/blue) position and I got it working with a cheap P3 8h cassette recorder. I would be interested in knowing how much the retel tape recorder you mention cost. Thanks again.
-Jay

cool, Ive done it that way but there is an easier way its called an agent observe tele recorder, you can get either a connection that clamps onto the wire (Watson Link) or one that comes with an RJ11 conector. All you need to do is get one of the callmaster handsets with 2 prong plug, disconnect the handest plug in and your away. The tape recorders are ok. there the ones that stop when there is no talking and start again when someone starts to speak. They are about £30 for everything. you can buy them from rocom on 0870 5777000

cheers jason

We use a program called cool edit. It works well. We connect the callmaster as stated above to the line in of your computer, from there you can use any recording software but cool edit does pretty good.

Does anyone know how to build a RIM for a 8410d? Could I use a 502c or a 500A module and the above setup?

Thanks for any info.

VLG711

Go to DTSGroup.com they have solution that coonect to handset of any phone and allows you to record at the desktop using the PC soundcard and then archives the .wav file to a central server.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back