Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Recording Announcements via conference

Status
Not open for further replies.

RazorbackHog

Programmer
Oct 28, 2000
US
Is it possible to conference an outside call in from a station that has console permissions in order to record an announcement? I have a unique situation where I need someone from our Japan office which is not connected to our phone switch to be able to record an announcement in Japanese. I have tested calling my station from my cell phone then tried to conference in after dialing my FAC but it doesn't seem to want to let me do that. Any other suggestions? I don't think we have the option of them recording on PC over there and then loading it to the VAL.

Thanks.

It's not very high-tech, but what about having them leave the Japenese announcement as a voicemail message, then playing the VM back via speakerphone and recording it? Or, if you have Message Manager, MM will allow you to save the VM messages as a .wav file.

Susan
"'I wish life was not so short,' he thought. 'Languages take such a time, and so do all the things one wants to know about.'"
- J. R. R. Tolkien, The Lost Road

Give them a barrier code for remote access with a COR that has console permissions. They would then dial the remote access number and then their barrier code. From here on they have access as if they are part of the switch. They would then be able to enter the Announcement Access Code and the announcement extension number. Make the barrier code length as long as possible for security reasons.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back