Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Recording a Terminal Services session?

Status
Not open for further replies.

dmcabs

Technical User
Apr 28, 2003
AU
Hi All!

I was wondering if it is possible to record a Terminal Services session for playback later... Or perhaps to watch the session in progress?

It can be in "Remote Admin mode" or "Application mode".

I need to allow temporary access to our web server for our web developer to change settings and just want to keep an eye on things.

Cheers,
Dave.

Anyone have any ideas?

:)

MCP(2k), A+ Tech

dmcabs,

A quick search on google brought back the list of various utils. They claim to record windows acitivity for a price, however i havent seen or used any of them so can not endorse any.

frontcam
aca screen recorder
mediacam
capture-it

I hope this is of some use.

We use Terminal Server here and we do this all the time using tsadmin.exe (its in system32), that shows all users logged on to the server, you can take over their session, or watch as you want. It can be set so that the user has to give permission for you to do this, or you can just take over.

This should do what you want, dont know about recording it though.

Hope this helps.

Ken

Hi Ken,

Thanks for that... I'll give it a try. At least I can "supervise" the session and make my own notes.

Thanks,
Dave

MCP(2k), A+ Tech

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back