Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Record Via URL or Link in Browser in Trixbox

Status
Not open for further replies.

RKCMUser

MIS
Nov 5, 2008
I am trying to figure out if it is possible to tell Trixbox (2.6.1) to start/stop recording via a URL, including passing the extension and filename.

Here is the vision:

- The Linksys SPA941 phone and Windows XP PC share the same extension/name: 1001.
- A person calls in and wants to make a payment. Representative could push a button in a browser on the screen to initate recording. The Trixbox will know the name of the extension (1001) because the "start recording" button on the screen will pass the value. It should also pass the account name so we can match it up in the future.
- When the rep is finished taking the payment, the rep can press "stop recording". The recording will be saved in the typical directory on the Trixbox.

NOTE: Because there may be several people using the Trixbox, the system should allow for multiple simultanious recordings at the same time.

I've been scouring the Internet to see if there is anything even remotely close to this so I can modify, let alone know if it's even possible. Anyone have any ideas or any code to get started? I'd be happy sharing the results.

Please let me know what you think.

A couple of pieces of information:
I know that SugarCRM can be linked to Trixbox for screen pops based on the callerid, which might be helpful.
Trixbox can be set to record all incoming calls by extension, no button intervention.
Third party apps can be used like Astassistant to manually activate recordings.
Softphones like Eyebeam or Bria from Counterpath will allow manual activation of recordings, and customization of where the recordings reside.
Obviously databases can be created to link records to voice files, but not sure how to automatically achieve this.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back