Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

record source

Status
Not open for further replies.

hoofit

Technical User
Nov 20, 2005
US
Another error. The record source " bla bla, bla" specified does not exist. The name may be misspelled, deleted or renamed. The form properties source code appears ok. any other possibilities?

thank you

Not sure of the question. Pretty easy solution provide a proper recordsource.

What does "source code" have to do with the record source? Is there code that changes the record source?

Duane
Minnesota
Hook'D on Access
MS Access MVP 2001-2016

Here's the message....
The record source " bla bla, bla" specified does not exist. The name of the recordsource may be misspelled, the record source was deleted or renamed or the record source exists in another database.
Opening a form triggers the message.The table upon which a form is based is there (not missing) and the language in the record source appears ok. I removed the form and imported a copy of the original
What am doing wrong ?

thank you

Do you have any code that changes the Record Source?
Do you have any subforms where the Record Source might be missing?

Duane
Minnesota
Hook'D on Access
MS Access MVP 2001-2016

I do not have any code that would change the record source. Here's the language, I will check the subforms. I have multiple copies of the database and the same form works in one but not the other

SELECT TblParts.InHousePartNumber, TblParts.PartName, TblParts.Ref_PartGroup, TblParts.UnitOfMeasure, TblParts.PAR, TblParts.Warranty, TblParts.Discontinued, TblParts.EntryDate AS TblParts_EntryDate, TblTransactions.TransactionID, TblTransactions.Ref_InHousePartNumber, TblTransactions.TransDate, TblTransactions.TransType, TblTransactions.ReasonCode, TblTransactions.TransQty, TblTransactions.TransCost, TblTransactions.EntryDate AS TblTransactions_EntryDate, TblPartVendorDetails.PartVendorDetailsID, TblPartVendorDetails.RefTransactionID, TblPartVendorDetails.Ref_VendorName, TblPartVendorDetails.VendorPartNumber, TblPartVendorDetails.Preferred, TblPartVendorDetails.VendorPartModelNumber, TblPartVendorDetails.VendorPartSerialNumber, TblPartVendorDetails.VendorPartCost, TblPartVendorDetails.EntryDate AS TblPartVendorDetails_EntryDate FROM (TblParts INNER JOIN TblTransactions ON TblParts.InHousePartNumber=TblTransactions.Ref_InHousePartNumber) INNER JOIN TblPartVendorDetails ON TblTransactions.TransactionID=TblPartVendorDetails.RefTransactionID;

I repeated importing the form and the table - and it works. Don't ask. Thanx for your consideration

hoofit

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back