Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Record sharing by mulitple users

Status
Not open for further replies.

demivolt

Programmer
Aug 21, 2001
US
All:
I have been programming in Access for 9 years. The other day a user in a department I service asked me for help with a database he had created and was having the following problem with:

Clerk A enters record 1 on a form bound to access table and then goes on to enter more records on the same form. Clerk B tries to look up record 1 by a non-key field on the form (say, last name) to enter additional data--she gets a "not found" even though Clerk A is no longer on record 1. Why? I made sure Record locking was set to "edited records." I have tried a DoCmd.Save acTable "TableName" on the "after update" event of the form and this doesn't work either. Your solutions or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Demivolt

Clerk B's recordset may not have been refreshed after record was saved.

Thanks SFreeman. You stirred my memory. I shall try the Requery Method on the "after update" event because, if I am reading the documentation correctly, Requery Method reflects addtions & deletions to the recordset.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back