Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Record Selection and Null Parameters

Status
Not open for further replies.

computergeek

Programmer
May 23, 2001
CA
Hello,

I am in the midst of upgrading from Crystal Reports 8 to Crystal Reports XI sp2. The reports are invoked from a web application using the RDC method which passes in 17 optional parameters. Within the reports the Record Selection formula there is a setting "Exception for nulls", or "Default Values for Nulls" which can be set. What is the difference between these 2 settings?

The result I am trying to obtain is that is a certain parameter is null, then just don't use this parameter within the record selection, if there is a value then it should be used within the record selection...

Where table.start_date = ?parm_start_date

I am unsure if I need to set all my migrated reports to contain default values for each parameter, and whether I have the wrong setting within the Record Selection formula (exception for nulls, or default values for nulls)

Record Selection Formula:
({APPLICATION.APP_ID} = {?app_id} OR {?app_id} = 0)
AND
({VW_PERSONNEL.SITE_ID} = {?site_id} OR {?site_id} = 0)
AND
({APP_VERSION.APP_VERSION_ID} = {?app_version_id} OR {?app_version_id} = 0)
AND
({APP_RELEASE.APP_RELEASE_ID} = {?app_release_id} OR {?app_release_id} = 0)
AND
((isNull({APP_VERSION.APP_VERSION_STATUS_ID}) and {?version_status_id} = 0) OR {APP_VERSION.APP_VERSION_STATUS_ID} = {?version_status_id} OR {?version_status_id} = 0)
AND
((isNull({APP_RELEASE.APP_RELEASE_STATUS_ID}) and {?release_status_id} = 0) OR {APP_RELEASE.APP_RELEASE_STATUS_ID} = {?release_status_id} OR {?release_status_id} = 0)
AND
({CERT_ACTION_HISTORY.PERSONNEL_ID} = {?personnel_id} OR {?personnel_id} = 0)
AND
((isNull({APP_RELEASE.REQUESTER_ID}) AND {?requester_id} = 0) or {APP_RELEASE.REQUESTER_ID} = {?requester_id} OR {?requester_id} = 0)
AND
({CERTIFICATION_ACTION.CERT_ACTION_STAGE_ID} = {?stage_id} OR {?stage_id} = 0)
AND
(LowerCase({APPLICATION.APP_NAME}) LIKE "*" + LowerCase({?app_name_like}) + "*")
AND
((isNull({APP_RELEASE.REQUEST_BY_DATE}) OR {APP_RELEASE.REQUEST_BY_DATE} > CDate ({?req_start_date}) AND (isNull({APP_RELEASE.REQUEST_BY_DATE}) OR
{APP_RELEASE.REQUEST_BY_DATE} < DateAdd ('d', 1,CDate ({?req_end_date})))))
AND
((isNull({APPLICATION.BUSINESS_GROUP_ID}) and {?business_group_id} = 0) or {APPLICATION.BUSINESS_GROUP_ID} = {?business_group_id} OR {?business_group_id} = 0)
AND
((isNull({APPLICATION.SOFTWARE_FUNCTION_ID}) and {?software_function_id} = 0) or {APPLICATION.SOFTWARE_FUNCTION_ID} = {?software_function_id} OR {?software_function_id} = 0)

Thanks in advance for the help...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back