Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

record not updating completely

Status
Not open for further replies.

marct

Programmer
Apr 6, 1999
US
Hi,

I've got a form whose Record Source is a table of products. The products consist of a Product #, description, and serial number. I can select different products for display from a combo box which lists all the product numbers. When one is selected, it updates the description and serial number on the form appropriately. I use a different form to add a new product to the table. I open the 'New Product' form from the product display form described above. After a new product is added (and the new product form closed), the product number is added to the list in the combo box immediately; however, when the new product number is selected for display, the description and serial number will not display. It seems to display the information for the first record in the products table, but the number for the new one. If I close the form and reopen it, then select the new product number from the combo box, it works fine, but only after I close and reopen it. I've tried using refresh, and it makes no difference. Can anyone help?

Thanks in advance for any help, and I apologize for this being so long.

-Marc

Do you need to do a requery? If the data available to the form is based on a query, it may not see the "new" data yet...

Hope that helps...

Terry M. Hoey
th3856@txmail.sbc.com

Ever notice that by the time that you realize that you ran a truncate script on the wrong instance, it is too late to stop it?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back