Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Record lenght returned in full - with blanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Classify

Programmer
Sep 25, 2002
GB
I have been accessing a Pervasive System DSN through ODBC using VB6. I find that when I examine the data returned that the full lenght of the field in returned regardless of the amount of data. I understand that I may have t trim all of the returned data before processing or applying to controls, but I would very much like a way to configure Pervasive to ensure that the recordsets are returned trimmed. All help greatly appreciated!

It could be the field type you are using - the fields in our ddf's are all set to CHAR - this is because the "legacy system" that we have has an old fashioned wy of storing the data so it is necessary to "fiddle" with it before we can use it. If you have a numeric field that is defined in your ddf as a CHAR then you are going to get leading zeros '0000001'

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back