Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Record in Grid doesn't match Table

Status
Not open for further replies.

Maladon

Programmer
Oct 5, 2001
US
I am using a TQuery to Sort and Filter records. It works fine.
However, if I click on a record from the resulting set in a DBGrid and try to Sort on it or filter on it to narrow the results I will not necessarily sort/filter on the selected value. I believe that this is due to the ActiveRecord in the Grid not being in sync with the CurrentRecord of the table. I have looked through the help and can't find a way to move the cursor in the table to the record in use by the
Grid. Anyone know how to do this?

There is an article that might help at but you had better hurry, this site was supposed to clode Sep 7. It may close at anytime. James P. Cottingham

I am the Unknown lead by the Unknowing.
I have done so much with so little
for so long that I am now qualified
to do anything with nothing.

Yah, it was helpful alright I know know that Borland has ripped me off again. I paid 99.00 for Builder 4.0 only to find it did not include data access. I paid over 200.00 for "Professional" Builder 4.0 so I could get Data access and Install shield. Borland assured me I could do what I needed to with that. What they didn't tell me was that Client server was not in the package, AND they neglected to mention, (they were asked )that the Installsheild they supply can not create a DB alias. So I bought a full copy of Install shield for 149.00 only to find that I will now have to throw away a 200.00 program and buy the client server version of builder if I want to get my program written. I can't wait to find out what they don't include in that version that I'll need to buy. I used to really like Borland too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back