Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Record from Merlin Mail voice mail? 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

mkirros

IS-IT--Management
Feb 17, 2004
We have an ancient Merlin Legend (3.0) running Merlin Mail Release 2. A former employee recently left an unpleasant message in his former supervisor's voice mail. Our COO would like to be able to save this message somewhere other than in the voice mail system in case of future litigation. Does anyone know of a way to do this short of playing the message while holding a microphone up to the receiver?

Well, I once built a "REGULAR" (ANALOG) phone of the Old Bell System type where I used a pair of wires with a 3.5mm connector on it and tapped onto the "RECEIVER" leads.

That way, I was able to:

1) Connect the Phone to an ANALOG PORT
2) Use the Phone to dial the Voice Mail and Login
3) Use the 3.5mm jack to connect to a recording device.

It was clumsy, but it worked.

There is also (If you can find one) the M1010 Record Monitor Module for Legend MLX Sets.

-merlinmansblog.blogspot.com

Thanks for the info. I'll see what I can put together.

Radio shack makes a recorder that will connect via the curly handset cord. You would then dial vm and press record on the device.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back