Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

record count

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dre313

Technical User
Jun 4, 2003
US
I have a group of records .. With fields "OpenDate" "CloseDate" "Rejection" and "Inspections".. Inspections in a combo box that has data like.. DR, DR1, DR2, PS, PS1, PS2, PF, PF1, PF2, PF3, PF4 ETC.. ( DR-Design Review, PS-Pipe Shipment, PF-Pipe Fitting )

I have a form which searches through my table and pull records between dates. I also have another field that the user can enter "Y" or "N" under Rejection..
Say that the user enters in 7-01-03 thru 7-30-03 ( looking to find all records between these dates) with a Rejection of "Y".. and it pulls up

record1 Y DR 7-01-03
record2 Y DR2 7-14-03
record3 Y PF 7-05-03
record4 Y PS2 7-09-03
record7 Y PF4 7-20-03

Now that I have these sets of records I want to display a report .. The report should look like this

1. Design review ...2
2. Pipe Shipment ...1
3. Pipe Fitting ...2

I have the search part figured out.. My question how would i do the count.. ? Since Im just looking at the first two letters in the Inpection table and not the numbers behind it and then count..

Could someone help me.. thanks

aggrigate function, group by in a query.

Randall Vollen
National City Bank Corp.

Just because you have an answer - doesn't mean it's the best answer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back