Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Record Count Running Total

Status
Not open for further replies.

RustySunset

Technical User
Mar 17, 2004
US
I am using Crystal Reports 8.5 and printing inventory item labels. 2 across and 3 down for 6 on a page.

I need to print several labels per item and would like to print a 1 of x, 2 of x running total by inventory item number on the label. This is similar to Page 1 of 3, 2 of 3 etc.

I have used the Special Fields RecordNumber field to give me the 1st number. A text field for the word "of" and I can't seem to figure out how to get the last number (total labels per item)

More information is that sometimes we print 2 labels per item and sometimes we print 10 labels per item. One item at a time or many at the same time.

You have a few dilemas here, but one might be relatively easy to achieve.

For the 1 of X, try creating a count({table.field}) to reference in your formula of totext(recordnumber)+" of "+ totext(count({table.field})).

As for the number of labels to print per record, that is often handled by creating a seperate table which contains:

etc.

and outer joining this table based on a field in your table which states the number of rows to print.

If the number of labels to print doesn't exist in the database, how do you intend to let Crystal know the number to print? If you state a parameter, understand that a parameter is executed ONCE per report.

-k

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back