Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

record action to copy editable text layers from one file to another?

Status
Not open for further replies.

smith385

Technical User
Nov 22, 2006
US
Is there any way to copy an editable text layer from one .psd file into another .psd file and be able to record that action?

I am able to copy the text layer, but when I paste it into the other image file it is non-editable.

When I just drag the layer from one image to the other it does not record that action. It only records that I selected the next image.

Please advise.

Have you tried the menu item 'Layer > Duplicate Layer...'

This gives you the option to duplicate the layer into another open document, or even into a new document. It should work with actions, and your text will remain editable.

Yea, I tried that, but it records the file that I'm duplicating it to. And then when I run the action it copies the editable layer over and over again into the same file instead of moving onto the other images in the same folder.

Maybe you could explain exactly what you're trying to do. Are you trying to copy a text layer from one file to many others?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back