Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Record-a-call -- disable remote beeping?

Status
Not open for further replies.

klg1

IS-IT--Management
Sep 12, 2003
US
Hello,

Client has a Partner R7 with Partner Messaging R7. A record-a-call button is programmed, and setup on Partner Messaging. Record-A-Call works fine.

The question is - is it possible (through some kind of programming directly from a set, or otherwise) to disable the announcement at the beginning of the recording (which both parties can hear), and the beeps that occur at 10-or-12-second intervals (which are only heard by the remote party)?

Client needs this capability. I know what you're thinking, and I've already checked - client's state only requires 1-party consent to recorded phone conversations (in this case, the local party consents), and it would be nice to do this through a programmed button on select stations. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thank you!
klg1

Hi klg1,
No. Why not use a cassette recorder on the AUX jack? Your clien ultimately requires this on removeable media anyway.

-Chris

Thanks ITP.

Your suggestion is probably best. Is there some type of impedance-matching device that would go between the AUX jack and the MIC input on a recorder? If so, is there a particular setup you'd recommend?

Thanks again,
klg1

Hi klg1,
I normally leave that equipment to the client, not wanting to get involved in any way. I am sure there must be something out there.

Anyone know of a device?

-Chris

Had a client do a google for "telephone recording device" and found something that records as mp3's, has a line cord to plug into a line jack (or AUX jack on a Partner), and is voice activated, so it only records when there is a call in progress.

Call Hello Direct. A client of mine got a small cassette recorder from them that works perfectly inbetween the handset cord and the telephone. It only records calls when there is a call on the line.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back