Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Reconfige MICS for a temporary office

Status
Not open for further replies.

bbharrell

MIS
Oct 26, 2012
US
IMG_0613_dpimdl.jpg

I need to get two analog phone lines working with this system. It is currently running a PRI (which is about to be shutdown to save costs.)
Will this system as pictured accept analog phone lines? The cards are missing in slots 2 and 3. Slot 4 is the PRI. What is the narrow card in slot 1 is NTBB24GA-93 - a service cartridge.
This is a remote office so I don't have the luxury of experimenting myself.

If I need to add a card to allow analog phone lines, what card do I need and what slot do I use?

Thanks

There is 2 slim slots to the left and 2 wide slots to the right, you will use the only wide slot left which is beside the PRI/DTI card.
The Service Card is the clocking for the PRI.

Your line card will provide 4 analog trunks.
Look for Norstar Global Caller ID card.

=----(((((((((()----=
Toronto, Canada

Add me to LinkedIN

If you ever want to use the PRI again don't remove the DTI card and the clocking card, The system will default and you will lose your PRI enabler code.

Marv ccna

Thank you both your fast replies. Really appreciate that. I have the card on order from Ebay.

So, to install this, I'll power the system off, stick it in, power the system on. Do I need to do any config on the system to activate this module? Or will it pretty much be ready to go where I can assign the lines to appear and ring on the handsets as needed? Will this be lines 1-4? Will these lines be fed in on the bottom amphenol connector?

Since you have no programming experience or any idea what to do you should hire a vendor for this, or read up on the Installer guide and self teach yourself how to be an installer.
Read up on how to enter programming and it's password (not available here on the forums), navigate programming, line AND set programming, wiring charts, etc....make sure to read the correct guide depending on which model norstar and which version software you have.

Some stuff is in our FAQ's section above as well.

=----(((((((((()----=
Toronto, Canada

Add me to LinkedIN

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back