Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Reconciliation Engine.........

Status
Not open for further replies.

PETE314

Programmer
Dec 30, 2004
US
Access 2000 Project
SQL 2000 Backend

OK this is an mdb conversion to an adp. Basically I am building a form where a user can select records click a button and then code will mark those invoces paid within the Invoices table and then add data into a Payments table.

My problem is that I cannot have the selection of records done by the highlighting of the records and then ctrl-select or shift-select of the other records. going by the people who will have to use this software that will not be an option because it will be a bit confusiong for the non computer literate crowd that will have to use the software.

So in the mdb in order to create the list I created a temptable and I had a bln field. The user would click the chkbox of the records thewy wanted to pay and hit the button and bing bang boom the invoices are paid.

In my adp, I have a couple User defined functions(as I have parameter queries) that gather some data and then I have a stored procedure that takes that data as well as data from other tables. This creates the list that the users can choose from. The stored proc goes as such....

creates a temp table (ie... #tablename )
uses an insert into to slam data into the temp table
calls all records from the temp table.

unfortunately the resultset is not updateable. So you cannot check off chkboxs.

So what I need is an updateable recordset built from several parameter queries that is temporary.

Right now the only thing I can think of is a very UGLY solution....which is to create a permanant table(instead of a temptable) with a suffix (ie...tablenameXXXX where XXXX is a random number.) and then delete the table when it is not needed anymore. It is a solution that would work but it is not a preferable solution.

any ideas?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back