Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Recommended Webcams?

Status
Not open for further replies.

jisoo22

Programmer
Apr 30, 2001
US
Hello all!

I'm in the market for a new webcam and I wanted to ask everyone if they had any good recommendations. The last webcam I used was a Logitech Quickcam Express. It was a decent cam but my peeves were that it didn't handle low light conditions very well. I saw the Quickcam Pro 4000, which looks very nice and is well reviewed but I don't want to spend $60+. Does anyone know of a decent cam for around $40?

Thanks,
Jisoo22

Resolution's not a huge problem as long as the picture is clear. It's not like a need a 640x480 video screen for conferencing =)

jisoo22
I have seen a couple of "Best" awards given to the Trust spacecam 380 in our UK PC magazines.
These are USB2 devices so offer better than normal frame rates and fall into the sort of price bracket you are talking about.
They don't have a built in mic tho.
Martin

Replying helps further our knowledge, without comment leaves us wondering.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back