Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Recommended Training Options?

Status
Not open for further replies.

random621

Technical User
Jul 16, 2003
US
I was wondering if anyone can recommend some quality training courses for a somewhat advanced Crystal user.

I use 8.5 and XI and find that I can almost always get the results I want from a report, but I feel like often I'm using a big hammer to drive the square peg into the round hole.

Some of the areas I'm seeking training on are using SQL Expressions more often, using fewer running totals (I suspect I could replace 90% of my running totals with formulas), using arrays, and other areas where I might be doing things to make my reports run slower then they should.

Note - I'm not looking for online training, I'd rather do in person training (class room or one on one).

Also I'm looking for courses taught by people who have been using Crystal for multiple years and have more of a programming/report building background vs. a training/speaking background. I've been to 2 Crystal training courses where I knew more then the instructor and that isn't saying a lot!

If anyone from this site can recommend a good 1 to 5 day course or if you teach or represent a company that does training, I'd love to hear about it. Heck if your knowledgeable in the areas I've mentioned and you'd like to earn some side money one weekend by doing a one on one training, I'd consider that also.

Thanks,

Ryan

Thanks for the response. I called Ken Hamady and I think I will be signing up for his Protege training course. I was very pleasantly surprised to have Ken return my call within about 30 minutes after I left him a message. Mr. Hamady seemed very professional and had a great understanding of what I was looking for.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back