Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Recommended NT 5 Reboot Intervals

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pistol

MIS
Jan 29, 2001
US
I'm having issues with some of our servers crashing (at all the wrong times), i'm guessing that a reboot at regular intervals would help out, and increase system performance.

I also have a file server (windows 2000 server) that is low on disk space, and after several weeks is becomming heavily fragmented.

Can anyone give me advice on what I can do to help out the situation, and does anyone know of Microsoft recommended reboot intervals?

Thanks

I don't know that restarting the server will help in your situation but I reboot all our servers every nite. I use a program from the resource kit called shutdown.exe called from the scheduler. I don't know what Microsoft suggests for a reboot schedule but things seem to be more reliable when the server gets a reboot now and then.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back