Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Recommended Hosting Providers

Status
Not open for further replies.

pgosse

Programmer
Sep 26, 2001
CA
Hi folks.

I need to get hosting for my website on a host that offers PostgreSQL. I know this is generally a little more expensive than hosting for MySQL, so I'm really going to comparison shop.

Does anyone have any recommendations on a good PostgreSQL hosting company out there, or any experience with the following companies?

(these guys are really good apparently but a little pricy)
(this one looks really good, almost too good, especially the '04 Promo package. Anyone deal with these folks?)

If anyone out there has any comments or info they'd like to share I'd be interested to hear it.

Cheers and TIA,
Pablo

Sure,

Let me start by saying "Bodhosting.com" is not a company I will ever go with again. Hopefully, you will avoid that one. I could tell you stories about how they completely forgot about my web site when they did a system switch over and how they could not restore my web site database from backup, and forgot to install PHP support for PostgreSQL on one of their web servers (OUCH!), but that's another story. Moving on...

However, I might recommend, "CommandPrompt.Com". I spoke with the owner of that company and they are firmly committed to supporting Postgres.

"Performancehosting.com" now supports Postgres. I am just trying these guys out now, but its another option for you.

hope that helps,

Gary
A+,L+,N+,I+
gwinn7

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back