Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Recommended Book(s) for a newbie

Status
Not open for further replies.

WWRA

Technical User
Apr 2, 2003
US
Would someone please recommend several Access 2002 manuals/books I should purchase as I'm learning? I've visited several bookstores but am hesitant to make a purchase without someone recommending some books before I spend the cash.
I've read/used a college textbook/tutorial to get me started, but need to move on to a good reference manual to use when I encounter specific questions or need good examples.

Thx for any recommendations.

WWR

The Access [version number] Developer's Handbook is useful if you're trying to learn how to create business applications in Access. If you just want to learn how to use Access, I would recommend some other book.

I don't know what other book to recommend, but the ADH series is intermediate to advanced level. I highly recommend it once you are comfortable with the Access environment, but not until then.

IT skills are really craft skills, and its tough to learn them without interpersonal contact. However, books can be a good supplement to personal contact.

I like the "Step by Step" series from Microsoft Press. Too many books are either superficial or overly technical. MS Press makes alot of good intermediate-level books.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back