Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations strongm on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Recommended Backup Strategy Exchange 5.5 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shaliko

IS-IT--Management
Jan 15, 2001
AU
I am interested to know what backup and tape management strategy you are using for Exchange 5.5.
I have Veritas B/E 8.5 and a DLT7000 autoloader and at the moment I am doing full daily backups. Is there any reason why I could not employ daily incrementals with one weekly full? (this is how my backup strategy works for my file and print servers) I seem to remember reading somewhere that Full daily backups were the only way to go for Exchange but im not positive.
Look forward to hearing from you. tks

If you can physically back up your data fully every night then do it.

You can do incremental and differential backups on Exchange but it makes things a lot harder and longer to restore.

Assuming your store is small enough to be backed up every night then full backup every time.

Thank you. Thats what we are doing now as I said but I would like to bring the Exchange backup strategy in line with our file and print strategy.
Will continue to think about it. Thanks again

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back