Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

recommendations please

Status
Not open for further replies.

ricksimm

Technical User
Feb 3, 2005
US
Going to install Routing and Remote Access on w2k3 standard server. The remotes will be either single PCs or LANs. I need the best secutity for firewall and VPN traffic. I am not interested in debugging some vendor's firmware. I do want the best performance for the money Cisco is too high so I have looked at Sonicwall and Linksys (leaning towards the Sonicwall). Anybody have a recommendation for something that actually works as advertised? Although it costs more compared to the Linksys BEFVP41 or RV02, the Sonicwall 2040 looks good.

I use the Sonicwalls for the main offices and Linksys BEFVP41 or low end Sonics for remotes remotes. Though I have never had a hacker breach a Linksys, I would use the high end sonic for the main office. Linksys to Sonics VPNs are documented on the web. High recommend the office firewall router be placed on a battery backup unit. Be aware, VPN access is slow and unusable for large file access, such as databases. For large files you will need Terminal servers, accessed via VPN for security.

Chernobyl disaster..a must see pictorial

Hi technome, I am not finding the setup for Linksys to Sonicwall VPN.

Currently have Sonicwall TZ170 at main office and I am trying to use a Linksys WRV54G to setup a site to site VPN.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back