Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Recommendations for Replicating Data

Status
Not open for further replies.

gameover

Programmer
Dec 2, 2001
US
We have a 200GB volume on a W2k server that we would like to replicate to a server in our Disaster Recovery site. The data is mostly user profiles and MS office documents.

Does anyone have suggestions for replication software? We have a budget of less then $10000. I am sure Veritas woul be nice but it is out of our budget.

Thanks in advance,
Mitch

Look into NSI's "Doubletake". After evaluating and running Survive it, Legato, this was my choice. Purchased from Sunbelt Software with a discount ( only vendor which provided a decent discount).
This software has manual or automatic "failover" if you choose to enable it; personally I needed the replication more then the auto failover. Synchs the involved servers or directories very fast. My 160 gig server synchronized within 70 minutes, this is after the initial setup replication (Survive-it took 13 hours every time). Replication could occur during business hours, with no noticeable network slow down. Very good product, simple to setup, fastest of the evaluated products. Purchased the two needed advanced server licenses for about $6200.00. Survive-it is half the price but I would not consider it, slow, problematic, cpu intensive.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back