Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Recommendations for IMAP mail server for outlook clients?

Status
Not open for further replies.

BobMCT

IS-IT--Management
Sep 11, 2000
US
Having recently inherited a mostly windoze shop in dire need of improvement I need to improve their productivity and the reliability/productivity of the IT tools available to all the users.

I thought I would ask if any readers here have successfully implemented a Linux based IMAP mail server to support (transionally) outlook clients and if so, what you used as your mail server? And if you eventually replaced the mail clients, what with?

Thank you.

I switched over from Mdaemon to Postfix/dovecot combo. Outlook clients were later converted to Thundebird. I also gave the consultants portable Thunderbird from Portable Apps to put on their thumbdrives so that they can access emails from any net-enabled PC

--== Anything can go wrong. It's just a matter of how far wrong it will go till people think its right. ==--

When it came to mail I found the best answer was to go to an appliance. Take a look at Mirapoint.. way lower admin cost and it does all the flavors of email, smtp, pop, imap, et.al.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back