Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Recommendations for CCNP

Status
Not open for further replies.
I would take the BSCI first (as it's the hardest), then take remote access, switching, and then support. I would obtain the 4 book CCNP library (BSCN/BCRAN/BCMSN/Support)
and if you can afford it, glom onto 3-4 routers and a couple of switches (2924/1924/2948/2950) so you can practice the examples in the books. I would also team the books with the boson exams for the material in question.

The IS-IS update can be downloaded from cisco's website
(as the 640-901) now tests this material.

Good Luck

It took me eight months to get the CCNP but I was taking it easy. I took about two months to study for each exam. I read the CCNP library and the CCNP exam certification series both from Cisco Press and the exams were straight forward. I also had several routers and two switches to play with. Why is everyone recommending 2501 series routers? I preferred the 2514, but they both will work.

The test order doesn't really matter except for taking the support exam last. I took the routing exam first and found the remote access exam to be the toughest, but they were all fair exams.

take it easy

Dogbert2, et/al

I am working towand the BSCI and I have a few questions,

What books did you use? I have the cicso press BSCI self study by Katherine paquet& Diane Teare (c)2003 and the Sybex from Todd Lamell and the other two authors... their latest.(c)6/1/2002

What did you use for simulator software or did you use actual hardware? I am planning on using routersim, is that good or bad it your opinion?

I plan on the Boson tests as you had stated. Maybe self test. Any opinion?

If You can,what did you find most challenging for you?

Thanks Littleluker

I used the cisco press books, and boson exams...

BSCI/CN is the hardest exam out of all four (IMO)

Good Luck

Hi

I have just passed BSCI last week. I used the Cisco Press exam prep book. I also had a copy of the Todd Lammle Sybex book which I found lacked enough depth which was a shame as Lammles CCNA book was excellent.

Boson Tests were useful.

Cheers

Ste1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back