Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Recommendations for a good LaserJet check & manual feed printer

Status
Not open for further replies.

mlchris2

Technical User
Mar 18, 2005
US
I currently have a Lexmark E240 LJ and we have paper alignment issues. We use the E240 printer in one of our divisions to print checks and invoices. The first page of each batch prints great (alignment) but the alignment on every page after that seems to creep lower and lower throughout the entire batch. As a band-aid for this, they are printing each invoice and each check one by one. Not very efficient. I figure it is the way the E240 printer stages the next page for printing.

Also, they print out 6x9 manila envelopes. We currently use a Lex E321 with a Rear Feed tray to perform this task. It works, but I want to get one printer that does both jobs.

My goal is this;

-find a good LJ printer that wont output alignment issues when printing our check and invoice batches ( batch sized are between 10-30 depending)

-has a good manual feed tray that will handle our 6x9 envelopes

-Needs to be a network printer (built in NIC)

I appreciate your recommendations on printers. I really want to avoid trying out several printer until we get one that works... if that is possible. (I know, I am asking alot)

MC

Mark C.

Why not look at an HP or Xerox printer that has multiple trays? Set one of the trays up as standard letter, another as the checks, and a third as the envelopes.

Also there is probably a configuration issue with the E240 that causes the patch to creep down the page as it prints. All laser printers use sensors to detect the leading edge of the paper so that printing starts in the same place, If it is moving the print down the page, it is usually a software issue, not a hardware issue with the printer.

HP lj4000 is a good bet.

ended up getting a Lexmark e260dn. After testing it works great.

My first choice was to get a multi-tray printer, but our budget for the printer was only $300. I justified the effectiveness of a multi-tray printer to them, but budget always seems to win around here.

Mark C.

Cool, glad you got it working, I think budget is an issue no matter where you are. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back