Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

recommendations between Enterprise suites

Status
Not open for further replies.

zephyran

Technical User
Nov 30, 2001
US
We're currently running Symantec Antivirus Enterprise Edition to protect our 200 servers and clients (Win2k, 2k3, and XP), as well as our 2 Exchange 2003 servers. This year, we've become eligible for very good pricing on similar products from McAfee, Trend Micro, and Panda. However, I'm having difficulty finding comparisons between the Enterprise AV solutions from these three vendors that are current (within the last year).

If the pricing and performance of one of them is better than Symantec's, then I'll be inclined to make the switch. Does anybody here use any of these solutions, and can give personal recommendations for or against them?

Try these links:

thread760-1117639

thread760-1073001

I just read an article in my InfoWorld magazine comparing the products that you are asking about.

1. "McAfee provides a very scalable platform for protecting your network from spyware and viruses. Reporting capabilities are excellent, but real-time protection is only average. Administration is more difficult than that of most of the other products." It rated Very Good. For 100 Users it's $16 per user with 1-yr. support.

2. "Trend Micro has real-time protection that allows spyware to install before clamping down on it. On-demand scan and cleans work well and remove any traces of spyware from a PC. Reporting could be a little stronger if there were customization options." It rated Very Good. For 100 users, it's $17.85 per user.

There wasn't info. on the Panda product in the article that I read, but the article concluded the best was F-Secure Anti-Virus Client Security 6.0 For 100 users, it's $29.75 per user.

Hope that helps,

Erik

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back