Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Recommendation needed on AntiVirus program....... 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Scooby4Doo

IS-IT--Management
Jun 26, 2002
US
Hi! I'm fairly new to my company (2 weeks to be exact) and am the only individual for the IT dept. The person prior to me came in one day and just quit, so I've had no help in getting to know their system. In my research, I've noticed that the main PDC is a SQL Server running the program - Windows NT Server 4.0. My problem is that there is NO AV associated with this server at all! I want to purchase one ASAP but need some advice on which would be the best (and most inexpensive) AV for me? There are about 30 users attached and not only a few programs (Microsoft related) associated with the same. Any suggestions? Help offers? Ideas? I would appreciate ALL YOUR HELP! [peace]

Here's something useful :

And remember that price is always negotiable and depends on the vendor mostly ..
:)

Now you could get an idea of prices in :

Go to Home > Software > Utilities > Anti-Virus
& you can filter by Manufacturer !
You'll see a lot of resellers and distributors

Regards,
DWKnight Regards,
DW Knight

We have the three top-rated anti-virus programs running on our computers: Norton, Panda, and Kaspersky Labs. My recommendation is as follows: Panda #1 .... updates daily automatically; Kaspersky Labs #2 ..... more complex now to configure, but still excellent. Norton #3.

Kaspersky Labs has an excellent response rate.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back