Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Recommendation for good OCP study guide 5

Status
Not open for further replies.

SDT

MIS
Nov 22, 2000
US
I'm thinking of purchasing the following book: Ocp:Oracle8I Dba Certification Kit: Study Guide (Certification Kit) by Chip Dawes, Joe Johnson, Matthew Weishan, by Sybex. Has anybody used this book and if so can you give me a rating. Also if you know of any other books that may be good to read or alternatives please let me know. I'm going to start studying and I would rather not waste alot of time on a material that isn't going to help me out. Thanks for any assistance.

COUCHMAN provide a detailed studying guide for the OCP exams. You have to decide on the track though - DBA or Developer, although the first exams can be cross-credited, if you know what I mean.

Oracle provide practice exams and a checklist that is very useful. I recommend you obtain these and use them before sitting the exam.

All the best Matt

I'm trying to get my OCP in Oracle 8i - DBA Track. Please if anybody has a used books, study guides and related materials like self tests.. I need to take it before Auguest 2001.

Thanks

Couchman's DBA Certification Exam guide is very good but also cross reference each chapter with the Oracle concepts and administration manuals.

Hi all,
I'm curious to know how long people have taken to complete the entire series of exams for the OCP 8i DBA track.

I was planning on studying and completing an exam every 2 to 3 months. Does this sound reasonable?

As background, I have several years as DBA for various database systems and about 2 years of Oracle.

Thanks for your responses.

I'd say couchman is good. but i liked cramsession books more to the point and precise

I am working on prepration of OCP pl/sql track and I am using sybex publicaton book. I think its good book.

I am too using sybex publicaton book. I think its good book.

Do any one has got the sample test papers which can be used to start the initial study for the Oracle 8 OCP DBA track.

Hello friends,
If any one found the test papers of oracle (sql or pl/sql)
then plz tell me where i can find these for my self analysis.

sdt i would suggest this following books to an indian preparing for
ocp dba cause i dont abt them being avilable abroad or not
sybex for archietecture/pl-sql/sql/networking/backup/tuning as the base book and this books as followons
Couchman study guide Oracle Press(Tata Mc Graw in India)
Couchman Question Bank
Neimic For Performance Tuning
Velpuri For Backup
Scott/Urman For Pl/Sql and as far as Sql is concerned some who doest know it like the back of his hand then this is unchartered teritorry for u and u shouldnt venture here.
Anyway keep in mind nothing i say nothing helps you like
ORACLE MANUALS. ALL OF THEM IT CONSISTS 100% Info.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back