Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Recommend news reader for Windows 7???

Status
Not open for further replies.

BobMCT

IS-IT--Management
Sep 11, 2000
US
Gents;

Now that I've upgraded to Win 7 Home Premium 64 on my new machine I can no longer use my trusted Free Agent (they've discontinued the free version).

I would appreciate some recommendations for a good news reader than is similar to agent or Linux's knode.

Recommendations Please?

Thanks [bigears]

Hi,
The paid ( $29.00 ) version of Agent ( Forte Agent 6) is Wincows 7 compatible

Editorial note: I always seem to come back to Agent after trying others.

[profile]

To Paraphrase:"The Help you get is proportional to the Help you give.."

Hi,
Gee, Wincows compatible...Aren't they the creatures Regan blamed for air pollution ? [wink]

I'll learn to type ( and proofread) someday..

[profile]

To Paraphrase:"The Help you get is proportional to the Help you give.."

Well, I finally installed my old version 4.2 of Free Agent and it still works just fine. I was hoping there was something newer and still free.

Forte Agent (now rls 6) is what I use. I started with FreeAgent back in the late '90s then upgraded to the commercial (paid) version.

If you purchase it right now they have a deal going that they give you 90 days free Newsgroup access with no obligation. You don't even have to opt-out at the end of the 90 days. If you do not elect to keep it after 90 days your access just goes away. They DO NOT automatically hit your credit card. Vendor honesty... gosh what a novel idea!

Also, if you've ever had the paid version you can upgrade from any prior release to rls 6 for $19 including the 90 days free Usenet account.

Original MUG/NAMU Charter Member

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back