Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Recommend a IP confenrece/Speaker Phone please?

Status
Not open for further replies.

telecotek1

Vendor
Nov 13, 2007
US
I have a client that is interested in a conference phone. I was leading with an Analog polycom but then I remembered what a pain it could be to add calls to an existing call using the flash key. Is there an IP phone or other option that has eliminated this issue?

TIA

We use the Polycom IP phones and don't have any problems or issues with them, not sure about the functionality you require as I don't know anyone who has actually had to do that.

Let's say you initiate a call from the speaker phone and then once the call is underway you need to add an additional party to the call..

FocusTech.. What model phone are you talking about?

There are no H323 or digital conference type phones available for IP Office so you can't have multiple appearances and the Conf key to make conferencing easy. So it's either analogue or SIP, both of which are basically on a par as far as integration goes (not a lot). Both require you to hold the current call, dial a code and call another party etc. So you may as well stick with analogue :)

fair enough that's what I thought just wanted to make sure. thanks for your help.

You can use the B179 SIP Conference phone. You will have to set the phone up as a SIP phone but it works great. I put one in a 2 months ago. It was a pain to set up but once it's set up, it works great. The customer really likes it and from a user standpoint it's easy to use.

Karl

Avaya SME ACIS Certified

You can always have a user with a digital/IP phone conference all the participants and then transfer the call over to the polycom.

Avay B 179 are not a Pain and very easy to set up, You can even connect External Microphones and it can be set up as a PA System

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back