Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Recognised Certifications for IT

Status
Not open for further replies.

sonnyjim

IS-IT--Management
Oct 23, 2001
EU
Is there any UNIX based certification which is globally recognised like the CCNA or MCSE is?
Also , if I am just starting to learn Oracle - what is the best step to take for training or certification in the UK?

Any input would be appreciated.

Thanks

"What happens if I press *that* button?"

There have been numerous discussions concering the value of certifications, espcially in the "Where is IT Going in the Next 5 Years" forum.

Although there are of number of people on both sides of the fence with respect to certifications, one must first have a good understanding of what a certification means. There are quite of few certifications that are globally recogonized, and are recogonized as worthless pieces of paper. On the other hand, there are others which still carry some weight.

I invite you to puruse thru these other threads, many in the aforementioned forum (also part of Tek-Tips) that discuss the merits and demerits of certifications at length. Good Luck
--------------
As a circle of light increases so does the circumference of darkness around it. - Albert Einstein

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back